Monday 21 November 2011

The Muppets by O.P.I

Photobucket
I love The Muppets and am so excited for the new film to be released, even though it isn't released in the UK until February 2012. When I heard that O.P.I had released a Muppets inspired line of varnishes I thought I had to treat myself, and because O.P.I is such good quality the full size pots are around the £10 mark, but this set of four mini-varnishes was only £12.95 from ASOS and I think it's probably cheaper elsewhere.

In the mini-set you get Wocka Wocka, Excuse Moi!, Designer... de Better! and Warm and Fozzie. These four colours give you a great idea of what the collection is all about, as it varies from deep, strong colours to sparkly polishes perfect for a night out.
Photobucket
Clockwise from top left: Wocka Wocka, Excuse Moi!, Warm and Fozzie, Designer...de Better!

For my first try I went for Designer...de Better! as it looks quite understated while also having a hint of sparkle (and we all know I love a bit of sparkle). The colour built up quickly, and I only used two coats here (apologies for the awful photo, how do people get these to look good?) and was really pleased with the result. It's a silvery-coloured polish with reddy-pink glitter, but it has a really smooth finish. I haven't even put a top coat on these because my clear polish has gone all gooey.

Photobucket
I'm looking forward to using Excuse Moi! over the festive season as it will be the perfect accompaniment to a party dress. I'm also looking forward to using Warm and Fozzie as I don't have any polishes this colour, and I think it will go well with my leopard faux fur coat when it gets chilly out. The rest of the collection looks amazing, and I wish I could buy everything! The only other polish I'm really tempted to buy is Rainbow Collection, which I saw used on llymlrs and fell in love with - so many sparkles!

What do you think of O.P.I polishes and their special collections? Do you have any of The Muppets polishes?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse Moi! and Warm and Fozzie look stunning! I totally know what you mean about the nail shots btw! Mine always looks horrendous! Oh well!

Chelsea Jade said...

I almost got this for myself the other day! :)


Chelsea x
http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

these colours are so lovely, i'm thinking about getting some of the glitters from the collection myself.

also, i just wanted to say that i came across your blog today and i think it's really nice! definitely going to be keeping up with your posts in the future!

helen @ thelovecatsINC

http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...