Monday 7 November 2011

The Lazy Girl's Skincare Regime

As part of my blog I've thought more and more about branching into 'Beauty' posts, and I did write this one a few weeks ago, but as I was about to write a review of the Lush moisturiser I've been using recently I wondered how I could possibly give it a fair review as I always forget to use it, even though it's been making my skin feel lovely a soft, i don't use it properly.

Since I was little I've suffered with dry skin and eczema, and ever since I can remember I've been utterly useless at looking after my skin. I always moisturise my skin after a shower, but as I only wash my hair every other day that hardly ever works out as every night. When I buy a new product I use it loads, morning and evening, every single day, but after a while the novelty wears off and I go back to forgetting to take my mascara off and leaving my skin alone.

This morning I noticed that my skin has started to get more dry and look more red, I'm guessing due to the cold, and I was so frustrated at myself for not looking after it more. I've had a stressful week with my theory test (which I passed - woo!) and a busy one at work before three days off this week and my skin has once again slipped to the back of my mind.

Basically, I don't know how to change. I have always been the same, and even though I'm 22, I feel like I'm never going to be able to sort out this bad habit. I'm always so tired on an evening, so I'm thinking maybe I take off my makeup and moisturise as soon as I get in from work? Maybe that will make it better?

So yeah, I'm sat here, frustrated and begging for some advice? How do you keep skincare as a number one priority when life tried to take over?

Image via weheartit.com

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Not sure its quick but I use Ultrabland from Lush for my cleanser which also removes my make up. Followed by their Tea tree toner. If I've not won much/any make up I'll just use the toner, squirt it in my face and wipe with cotton wool pad. Then what ever moisturiser I'm using.
I'll usually just do it before bed or earlier if I'm having a pj evening in front of the telly.

Rosie B said...

My ultimate skincare 'cheat' is face wipes. Even cheapo ones from Wilkos make a difference, takes all your make-up off and refreshes your skin a bit. I usually find that after I've done that, my skin feels in need of moisturising, so it prompts me to apply it. But I know what you mean, I wish I had the time/patience for a proper routine.

Rosie xx

Anonymous said...

Hello!
A few things I do:
Take off my makeup when I get home, instead of waiting until just before bed. Use products that do more than one thing at once. Make sure I'm using things that I really like and believe work. Try new products, to keep me interested, and therefore bothered about it. Make it a tiny piece of calm in a busy day, so it's more than just about skincare, it's about taking care of myself. I do think that getting older makes a difference - as I've got to my thirties, it's made me want to take better care, there's nothing like seeing yourself get older to slap on the moisturiser! Also great skin comes from good nutrition and plenty of water too...

Victoria said...

I'm sorry I can't really offer any useful advice as I suffer with dry skin too and have yet to find a cure that doesn't render my skin a big greasy mess, and I'm terrible at taking my make-up off at night, so if you ever do find a solution make sure do a review on here xx

The Quick Red Fox said...

Haha I am exactly the same. Some nights I'm so tired I can't even be bothered to get out of bed and brush my teeth- shameful! Moisturising is one I'm particularly bad at though; I have pretty normal skin and only really put it on if it feels dry which isn't very often. I should really get into a routine, at the age now where I should start thinking about the onset of wrinkles! xxx

januarysublime said...

Ahh, we know what you mean about getting lazy with taking make-up off and stuff, but the key for us is to make it a routine!
If you get face wipes or a face wash that you really love the smell of, you'll be more inclined to use it.
We love dreamy skin johnson's wipes and moisturiser, they smell so, so good!

Not gonna lie though, it is generally so hard to maintain soft, moisturised skin in winter!
We just tend to hibernate with mountains of chocolate and woollies!
JS xx

http://januarysublime.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...