Monday 25 July 2011

Lust-have #6: Vintage Storage Solutions

A slightly different lust-have post this week, this weekend Ryan and I started tackling the many boxes in our spare rooms that have just been sat there since we moved in in April. Now, I love the fact we own a house, and I absolutely adore our house, but the problem is storage. We are in desperate need of space, whether it be shelves or something a bit more unique, our house is crying out for more space to fit all of our "stuff".

While going through my handbags, scarves and shoes I had the great idea that I could look at getting some vintage suitcases or big wicker chests to have in our second bedroom to store all my crap very important stuff. I just don't have enough space in my wardrobe and right now everything is just sitting in plastic boxes, which definitely aren't pleasing to the eye. I'm thinking Ryan and I need to take a trip to some car boot sales to start the search, as I'm quite excited and inspired to look at pretty and aesthetically pleasing storage solutions.

Photobucket
Image fromhttp://vintageleathersuitcase.com/
Do you rely on storage from Ikea and Argos or do you prefer a vintage touch? I'd love to hear your advice for thrifting!

4 comments:

Alex said...

I have some vintage cases - they are absolutely perfect for stashing rolled up tights in, as well as winter hats, gloves etc. They're not quite as pretty as the ones in the picture above but you have to take them when you get them and I don't seem to come across them as frequently as some lucky people do.

Barn House Antiques said...

I have about 15 vintage suitcases and trunks. They are the best storage!

MillyCupcake said...

Ahh I'm so glad I found your blog :)
I love your style :)
And you've gotta love a bit of vintage suitcase action! Mine are from charity shops :)

xXx

Laura said...

Thanks for your lovely comments!

I will have to get hunting in charity shops I think!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...